Start a Wedding Aerial Video Service!
Are you an FAA-certified pilot for drones and looking to start a business? Or are you a wedding photographer looking to add to your portfolio of business? Aerial photography and videos for weddings are hot!
Weddings for drones
Brides want to get the best photos possible to remember their special day. Traditional photography and videography can offer a lot of options but drone videos can offer a lot more. Drones can offer stunning and unique angles that will capture the wedding in a way never done before. Drones make it possible to get shots of the bride walking down the aisle from the air or flying over guests at a reception. You can also fly up close to create head-on videos of brides as they pose for photos on their special day.
For established wedding photographers.
There are several great ideas that you can do to offer this type of service if you are a photographer wanting to get started.
- Offer the service as an agency model. You sell the service but subcontract or outsource the drone pilot. There are plenty of certified drone pilots in all 50 states.
- Hire and staff your own FAA Certified drone pilots and purchase your own drones for your business.
- Get certified and offer your own unique service and value with your honed photography skills.
Make it a package deal by offering drones at no additional fee for wedding photography or videography services. This will increase overall sales of your company’s products because drones are unique and cool!
Some additional need to know info:
- If you are planning on flying drones yourself, make sure that you get all of the required training hours before taking money from clients and have your FAA Pilot Certification.
- If you are a Certified pilot and you choose to rent equipment (drones) it can be expensive.
- If you are looking to hire drones as an agency model, make sure that you’re hiring a professional drone pilot with the proper licenses and insurance!
Doing your homework is important if you want to start up this business model. Having adequate drone insurance is very important as well.
Let’s get down to business.
The key important factor for booking a wedding for drones is to make sure that they can be flown in the area you are booking your gig. Some municipalities are creating rules about where and how a drone can be flown so you need to know the local rules and regulations in the area.
Also, remember that weddings can be dangerous for drones. Large groups of people on a small field can be very hard to manage drones for weddings, especially under poor visibility conditions such as low light or high winds.
So if you want to start up a business using drones for wedding video services, it’s important you have all of the required documentation and safety knowledge necessary.
Drones are a great way to gain a lot of exposure for your company but also they can be expensive so consider all factors including long-term success strategies before jumping into this business venture. However, this business model has a lot of earning potential and would be worth exploring. We wish your next business adventure a success and Happy Flying!